1.02.2012

2011 - A Year in Review

January: Started our last {and hardest} semester at BYU-Idaho. We earned the title Uncle Paul and Aunt Emily as we welcomed Jaxson Thomas Morris into the world. Rexburg had lots and lots of snow. I learned how to sew and finished my first sewing project; which was a pillowcase.
February: MORE SNOW. We celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a married couple. Paul got me a set of pink golf clubs and in return I agreed to learn how to play golf so Paul would always have a golf partner. 
{Sounds like a fair trade to me!}
March: Lots and lots and lots and lots of homework. I won a free Jamba Juice gift card for getting the Sudoku puzzle right in The Scroll {University Newspaper}. A week later, Paul won a gift card as well for the same thing. Let's just say...we went to Jamba Juice a lot. We both successfully finished our Senior Projects AND I got picked to participate in the Student Research Conference :)
April: We graduated from Brigham Young University-Idaho. Happiest day of the year.Paul got his degree in Computer Science and I got my degree in Applied Mathematics {with a minor in Music}. The rest of April was spent relaxing. We felt like we deserved it.
May: Paul was a volunteer coach for the Ashton High School track team. I spent lots of time working at Big 5 Sporting Goods. We went to Alex and Bronwyn's Wedding :) Paul started to give me golf lessons. These were pretty funny to begin with, just ask Paul. 
June: We traveled to Oregon for Greg's {Paul's brother} Graduation. Paul and I continued to play lots of golf. Paul got a job offer in Texas. We decided Texas wasn't for us. I discovered Pinterest and have been addicted ever since.
July: I got to go to the circus with Holly and loved every minute of it!!! I went to Tennessee to visit Jeanette :) BEST REUNION EVER!!! Paul joined me on the east coast for Nathan and Moriah's wedding in Virginia. I was able to see lots of my friends from high school. Then we traveled to Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine to visit my mom's side of the family. 
August: Went to the UP! house. We celebrated our 1st anniversary :) Rigby lake with Holly...and lots of other places with Holly. Skype call with the Priscila and Nick Jensen. Spent the rest of the month packing and getting ready to move. Goodbye Idaho, Hello Oregon.
September: We moved all our stuff into Paul's parents house just in time to go back to Idaho and drop Paul's sister off at school. Got to see Kate Halling and Jenny Keele :) On the way back to Oregon, we went to Washington to visit Paul's brother. I was able to transfer to a new Big 5 store and continue working.
October: Paul got a Job! AND he turned 27. I decided that it was time for me to start a blog for real {like actually add posts}. I realized that it was a good thing to write down life's happenings and take pictures to remember special occasions.
November: I finally was able to pass the test to get my Oregon Driver's License. We had a surprise visit from my Dad. Lots of laughter and disc golf with him. Celebrated Thanksgiving with Paul's family. I got the privilege of working at 4:45 AM on Black Friday.
December: I decided to blog my 25 days of Christmas. Went hunting for a Christmas tree. I worked crazy hours in retail for the holidays. My mom came to visit for my birthday and Christmas. Paul surprised me with the most thoughtful birthday present ever. We had a great Christmas and a now it's time for the new year :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! This is great! A year with the Goulds! And has it really been that long since we skyped?? We must skype ASAP! BARACKKKKKK!

    ReplyDelete