11.16.2011

surprise visit.

Last week my dad flew out from Virginia for a surprise visit, SO I have been busy spending time with him and showing him the fun things that Oregon has to offer. It was really great to see him and do lots of fun things with him. It was perfect timing for my dad to come out here because we had some really exciting things going on that he could do with us.


FUN THINGS THAT HAPPENED WHEN MY DAD WAS HERE:

1. Paul and my dad played lots of disc golf. My dad is really competitive and was trying
really hard to beat Paul, but that did NOT happen. Paul is still the family champion!!!


2. My dad came to Big 5 to visit me while I was working and he got some new shoes.
He thinks he is so cool now that he has a pair of SKELE-TOES.



3. We went to the Medford Oregon Temple AND the Portland Oregon Temple.
It was so wonderful to spend time at the temple.


4. We watched Marley and Me!!! This is one of my all-time favorite movies.
LOVE IT and still cry every time!


5. My dad and I took a special trip up to Multnomah Falls near Portland on the Columbia River.
It was so incredible. This is the second tallest year-round waterfall in the United States.


{It was so awesome to have my dad here to visit and to travel with him. It made me think back on when I was growing up and we would go on trips together. My dad is so fun to be with and can always make me laugh. The best part of the trip was when we used the self checkout at the store 'en español'...he was like talking to the machine!! He is always trying to improve his spanish. It was so funny!!! I wish my sister Whitney was there to laugh with me :) oh and I also got him addicted to Redvines. LOVE YOU DAD!!!}




...AND Paul is so happy that the Oregon Ducks won against Stanford :)

   Oregon 53      Stanford 30

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How fun! You guys did a lot!! I've always cried with Marley and Me too! But last time I watched it I already had my puppy and I almost had a nervous break down! haha! Barackkkkk!

    ReplyDelete