7.07.2013

The fruit pizza recipe...

So on the 4th of July I posted the picture below on Instagram.

I had no idea that because of this picture, I would have multiple requests for the recipe. 
I mean, these people didn't even taste it. The picture must look REALLY good :)
I figured the best way to spread the recipe would be to put it out in the blog-o-sphere! 

Okay so here is the recipe:
{...and I must first say that this is my mother-in-law's recipe, thanks Kathleen...}

Pizza:
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
2 eggs {beaten}
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg 

Mix ingredients in the order they are listed. Chill dough for 1 hour. 
Roll onto pizza or cookie sheet about 1/4 inch thick.
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes...watch until golden brown.

Frosting:
3 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

I have to admit this frosting recipe is a tad too sweet for my liking, so I made some alterations when I made my frosting. I didn't really measure as I was whipping it together but I used approximately 5 oz cream cheese and only 3 cups of powdered sugar. Everything else I kept the same. This made the frosting a little bit more tangy instead of sweet. 
Totally up to you on what you want!

Allow the pizza to cool and then add the frosting. Next is the fun part where you pick what fruit you want on your pizza! Another thing that is totally up to you is the fruit that you put on it. 
I chose to stick with a patriotic theme, but the skies the limit on this one!

Oh I forgot to mention, this recipe actually makes TWO fruit pizzas or just a really giant pizza! 
{TALK ABOUT A BONUS!}
Here is the other pizza I made:

{...happy baking...}

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm - your pizza looks AMAZING! I changed up that recipe too! I haven't used shortening for over 8 years - butter and coconut oil now. And the frosting ... I use 1/2 and 1/2 butter/ cream cheese - and never measure the sugar - just go for consistency. I remember the one we made last - the crust was SOOOO thick! You were right to make two! I think this should be on our menu for the Family Reunion! <3

    ReplyDelete